Welcome to Ideas@Perth Inc., trading as TEDxKingsPark, (ABN 12 519 887 714) PO Box 12, Nedlands, Western Australia 6909.
TEDxKingsPark is an independent not-for-profit and is not affiliated with Kings Park Botanic Gardens & Parks Authority.
At TEDxKingsPark we respect your privacy and take all reasonable steps to ensure personal information we collect, use, hold or disclose is done so in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. This policy sets out how we handle the information we collect about you.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information is recorded in a material form or not.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
- We may collect your name, address, telephone number, email address and other information you give to us. We collect personal information about you through our website, over the phone, through ticket booking, and by email.
- Personal information is held securely, is subject to various security protections and is held only for as long as the information remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure the security and integrity of the personal information we collect, store, use and disclose including restricted server access, and other industry standard security protocols such as complex password protection.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We will not use or disclose personal information for any secondary purpose, unless that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information, and you would reasonably expect the disclosure in the circumstances, or unless you consent to that use or disclosure.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about you for a number of reasons, including:
- conducting the TEDxKingsPark events and activations;
- registering attendees at TEDxKingsPark events;
- encouraging connection between TEDxKingsPark members (including by using your details to create lanyards for TEDxKingsPark events);
- communicating with you (including responding to your queries and interacting with you on social media);
- sending you marketing and other information about us (including information about events, discounts, competitions and promotions) as well as information about TED and TED related events; and
- maintaining and improving our organisation and our events, including planning, marketing, research and product development.
Access and correction
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within a reasonable period of time.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
Please direct all requests for access and correction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does this policy change?
How do I contact you?
If you consider a breach of the Australian Privacy laws or your rights in relation to privacy has occurred, you can reach us via the Contact Us page on our website and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.gov.au, or by telephone on 1300 363 992 or otherwise to another appropriate supervisory authority.